Seth.D's Forum

Your eyes are not deceiving you, this site is still around! http://discord.gg/XYwFwHb
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MOD Updates
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:24 pm 
Goomba
Goomba
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

Invitations sent: 0
Successful invitations: 0
Hello,

Welcome to Seth.D's forum. This topic will contain MODs installed by me, Seth.D, or other people who have access to install MODifications for this phpbb3 forum. ;) If you have any questions or problem, you can PM me or give me a shout in the chat box if I'm on. ;)

Anyway, the following MODs have been installed in the past 2 days:

• Arcade MOD: This MODification will allow you to play games available and submit highscores. :) Similar to the other Arcade MOD, though we don't have too many games. If you found a game that you might want on the arcade, please send me a PM. ;) Otherwise, the arcade will have at least 5 new games every week so check back for some new games. Skip that, I never said I can make promises. ;)

• Evil Quick Reply: This MODification allow you to quickly reply to a topic by simpily expanding the Quick Reply button, if it isn't already. This one is much like the old forum, so nothing really new here. :P

• Medal MODS: This MODification allows you to get medals. So far, everybody have a medal (well, the first 24 members) because I tested it out. Don't be thinking you'll get to keep this, for I'll remove it later this week, as I said in the Reason box. :P Medals will be set up, so be sure to check out the medals that will be available later.

• Chatbox: We now have a new, and improved chat box that won't crash when you post a BBCode. :D However, some custom BBCodes that uses JavaScript like may not work. Other then that, enjoy the new, partially invincible chat box! :)

That's all for now. Be sure to check this topic for some MODification are going to be added to this forum! :mrgreen:

Thanks,
-Not the Usual Me

Last edited by someperson100 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: MODs Update
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:38 pm 
Goomba
Goomba
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

Good news!

The classic Last Topic Posted MOD have been installed! You can now see the last topic posted in the forum, by simply looking at the forum, just like the good old days. :lol: Anyway, enjoy this new edition of MODs!

Thanks,
-Not the Usual Me

Post subject: Re: MOD Updates
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:51 pm 
Goomba
Goomba
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

Good news!

You can now comment on other people's profile with the help of the Profile Comment MOD. This MOD will allow you to post comments on people's profile, and set it the comment to either be Negative, Neutral, or even Positive! Anyway, please don't abuse this system, or there will be evil consequences... :twisted:

Anyway, please enjoy this new MOD installation. Expect some more MODs coming to a forum near you this coming weekend! ;)

EDIT: Also, please don't use this new MOD as a chat system. That what the shoutbox on the main page is for! :P

Enjoy,
-Not the Usual Me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:03 pm 
Goomba
Goomba
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

Hello,

If you haven't already notice, the Profile Commenting MOD have been removed because it didn't really fit Seth.D's request, where you will be allowed to only post ONE comment and vote, so spamming won't be an issue. Because I couldn't edit the PHP files, I had to removed it. However, another MOD will be installed to replace the Profile Comment MOD that have been removed recently. ;)

Anyway, the Money MOD have been installed, finally! :P Anyway, Baby Mario164 wil be handling the cash, so if you have problems with your money, go talk to him. ;) I'm just the guy who installed it. :lol: Anyway, you're allowed to donate money, and your money will go higher as you post a new topic, posts, create polls, and other type of money-raising schemes. BUT... that doesn't give you the option to SPAM so you can get more money. Please don't abuse the system, or consequences will come to you in the near future... :twisted:

Enjoy this new MOD, and be sure to look out for a new Profile Comment/Karma MOD coming to forums near you! :D

Thanks,
-Not the Usual Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:31 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Invitations sent: 2
Successful invitations: 1
Highscores: 10
Medals: 5
Okay after a very short discussion ( :lol: ) with Baby Mario164, I have decided to make the amount of Star Points equal to dollars so everybody knows how many Star Points to spend. For example,

1 Star Point = 1 Dollar

Well a hundred dollars is a lot of money, right? So 100 Star Points will be a lot of money too.

Oh and by the way, we have decided to throw out the old name "Star Points" and rename them to "Coins".

Occasionally, we will activate Blue Coin events where you can post a topic to get Blue Coins. The dates of these "Blue Coin Days" are classified as of now.

Also, every New Year's Day (New Year's Day, not New Year's Eve), we will put out a Star Coin event which is basically the same as the Blue Coin event exept you can get Star Coins which are much more valuable.

Oh and by the way, the purpose of the special coins hasn't been decided yet but we shall notify you as soon as the purpose has been decided.

Oh and the icon for Star Coins is §.

For example if I were to say "GIMME TEN STAR POINTS!" I would say "GIMME §10!".

Blue coins and Star Coins do not have an icon because they are not donatable (Not a word) so there's no need to say "May I please have some (insert special currency here)". You need to earn your special Coins. There is NO way to recieve it from another user.

We hope you have fun with the new Money MOD! :flash:

Post subject: Re: Money Updates!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:48 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Merged with MOD Updates.

Oh and 164, I turned off money for posting because I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TO EARN MONEY THROUGH POSTING!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:02 am 
Goomba
Goomba
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

Whatever happened...

This forum has been fixed. Somebody had accidentally messed something with a required function file for this site to run properly. Because a MODification for this forum haven't been installed properly, you saw PHP errors such as so and so on line whatever.

Tip To MODification Installers: If you are installing a MODification, be sure to follow the direction as told. If you messed up, it's best to remove the lines you were told to add on the manual. If you were to lost the manual for installing the MODification, read the PHP errors and see if you can diagnose the problem yourself. (such as remove a few lines told by the error, etc.)

Some of the archived chat message may have been removed, but because I haven't been on this forum for a while, I didn't see what had happened. Anyway, hope this chaos have been continued and you can continue with your wonderful lives here on this foru. :)

Have a nice day,
Not the Usual Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:40 pm 
Paratroopa
Paratroopa
Progress to next rank:
87%

Coins:

Medals: 2
new currency has been added, along with the coins you have

Red, Blue, Dragon, And Star coins have been added

red= 2 coins

blue= 5 coins

Dragon= 25 coins

Star coins = 100 coins

all users will at least receive 1 so that they can at least have them

thank you kley
Thank you darkness1000
IT'S WOOTTASTIC!!!
[complexspoiler=epic xat doodle lolz inside]Image*Toad*Mario[/complexspoiler]
[spoiler=Avi B]Image

Admin: gives me powers to do just about anything, feel free to ask for help
Great Level Maker admin: i make great levels, along with the power to promote others that make great levels, if u wish to help me with my job you can refer me to users that make good levels (don't refer yourself though, then it's desperate)
Moderator Admin: until further notice admins are the mod admins, we will think about promotions if you apply
Level Rater: my rates count as 2, feel free to ask me to rate something
Registered User: i'm a user, thats about it
My Rating Systems

Spoiler:
nope, no rating system for me. I've moved onto paragraphs, so my rates are long now XD

Last edited by Andrew15 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uhh clone, you triple posted, so i deleted two of your duplicate posts, just to let you know

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:49 pm 
Goomba
Goomba
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

We can revive this topic, now can we?

Everyone, the IGN Style Username Color MOD has been installed. You can now customize your user name's look, making it as pretty as a flower or ugly looking like mines, xD. Permissions and stuff are being set up, so please wait warmly. Once all permissions are set, you can set up your name color by going to User Control Panel -> Profile and set Enabled Colored Names to True.

Anyway, enjoy your new MOD! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm 
Goomba
Goomba
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

Evil Quick Reply has been removed.

We have replaced with the Full Quick Reply editor, which is basically the editor you see in "Post Reply" inside the topic's webpage!

Enjoy. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:34 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

FAQ Manager has been installed. It will allow us Admins to edit the FAQ. If you feel that anything needs to be added to the FAQ, just PM PieHunter for he is as of now in charge of the FAQ.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:09 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Added a sortables CAPTCHA. Installed it myself too! :D

By the way, if you don't know what a CAPTCHA is, it's a test to make sure that you're a human and not a bot. It's always used when you register or post as a guest. (So if you want to see it just logout and go here.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:24 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Added a Forum Background MOD. It allows us to set an image for each of the forum sections.

Image Example

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:53 am 
Goomba
Goomba
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

Custom Title MOD have been installed. :)

To edit your custom title, go to User Control Panel, select Profile in the sidebar to the left, and edit the text inside the Custom Title field.

Every user by default have this enabled when they registered. However, in order to use this feature, you must be on this forum for 30 days and have at least 10 posts. If you don't meet the requirements, then you won't get a custom title to edit.

Note that permissions, days counter, and posts counter may be changed accordingly without notice. Also, administrators have the right to nuke or change your custom title accordingly.

Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:42 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

A new Popup Layer on New PMs MOD has been installed! So now you won't ever have to worry about missing PMs because if you receive a new PM this MOD will create a popup on your screen telling you that you have a new PM. You can either disregard this popup or click the link inside the popup to go to your inbox.

Screenshot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:44 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Remember that MOD that we mentioned on the homepage, long ago? The one that would "help get your levels moved faster"? We'll it's finally here! It is the Advertisement MOD! It allows us to put advertisements around the forum. If you'd like to see one, just refresh the page and look at the top/bottom of the forum.

Oh, and if you'd like to get your own advertisement, sorry you're going to have to wait because we're still setting it up.

EDIT: It is now all set up! To get your own advertisement, click here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Hooray! We have installed an Upcoming Birthday MOD! It will display people's birthdays 7 days prior to their actual birthdays. Now you don't have to worry about people's birthdays randomly popping up!

Here's an example

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:45 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Installed a Rokbox MOD! What does it do? Click here!

It should open up a mini-window inside this tab!

Note: Rokbox does not always work on the shoutbox, but always works in topics.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:04 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Installed a MOD that deletes PMs completely if you deleted it from outbox.

You know how if you send a message, then you decide to delete it before the recipient read it, the recipient gets a PM saying "This message was deleted by the sender" or something? Well that won't happen anymore! If the PM gets deleted before the recipient reads it, it disappears completely from their inbox!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:11 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Posts Until Next Rank MOD installed!

It will display the number of posts you have, and the number of posts required to reach the next rank. It should be next to your "0 New Messages" message.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:26 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

PM Search MOD installed! Tired of having too many PMs, but can't delete them because there's one little PM in there that's very important but you can't find it? No more! Goodbye to those days of slogging through pages upon pages of PMs looking for that one PM you need. The search box should be right above your list of PMs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:50 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Countdown MOD installed! It will alert us of upcoming holidays and when exactly they will occur. The Admins themselves set up the countdown so keep in mind that not all holidays will have a countdown.

Countdown Example

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:07 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Installed Instant ACP Redirect MOD. (Although you regular users won't be able to see it) I have installed a MOD that removes the "You have been successfully authenticated" message and instead you will be taken directly to the ACP.

I have also installed Instant Post Redirect MOD. You know how whenever you make a post they ask if you want to go to the post or forum last visited? Well now as soon as you make a post you're taken to the post itself!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:50 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Installed a Topic Title Optimization MOD! You know how when you open up a tab for a topic on this forum, it always says "Seth.D's Forum (bullet) Topic Name" and it's really hard to read the topic name because it gets cut off? Well no more worries! This MOD makes the topic name appear BEFORE Seth.D's Forum so the topic name will ALWAYS be readable (unless the topic name is really long) and your tabs will easily be distinguishable!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:51 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

User Titles MOD has been reactivated. But only Great Users can use it.

Colored Topic Titles MOD has also been installed! But again, only Great Users can use it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:04 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

I bet you came here by clicking the link on the Index Page.

Well you've just seen our new MOD, the ACP Announcement MOD! It displays any announcements that Admins may want the users to know. This kind of MOD will be used for mostly temporary important announcements. More permanent announcements will be posted in a Global Announcement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:06 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

New Forum Colored Name MOD installed! What does it do? Simple! It allows us Admins to color Forum Names.

Example

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:16 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Cash MOD uninstalled and Ultimate Points MOD installed.

You won't find much difference except for this: When donating to someone, you get to enter comments and when someone donates to you, you will get a PM notification.

Important: If you receive a PM notifying you about receiving a donation, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that you check the sender of the PM. If the sender is named "[System]" (With a grey username) then the PM is legitimate. But if the PM was sent by any other user, then it is a fake PM and you did not receive a donation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:20 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

User Invitation MOD installed!

What does it do? It lets you send invitations to other users via E-Mail. If you send an invitation, and your friend accepts the invitation and joins the forum, you will automatically receive 30 Coins! To access the Invitation MOD, go to User Control Panel---> Invite A Friend.

You can also view how many invitations people sent and how many successful invites they've made by looking at their profile!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:54 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Installed Prime Redirect. What does it do? Oh it simply removes all those annoying notifications. Such as "Your message has been successfully posted" "Your private message has been sent" or "You have successfully logged in/out". So now doing things around the forum should be a little bit faster!