Seth.D's Forum

Your eyes are not deceiving you, this site is still around! http://discord.gg/XYwFwHb
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:44 pm 
Boo
Boo
Progress to next rank:
10%

Coins:

Invitations sent: 0
Successful invitations: 0
Medals: 3
The Super Guide
What I shall be covering...

-How to access (some) features in the UCP (User Control Panel).
-Comparing Great Users to registered members.
-Questions you might ask.
-Rules that might confuse you.
-Conclusion
1. How to access (some) features in the UCP(User Control Panel).
-
So, the User Control Panel is basically a hub of how you see the forum. You can change the style (which we only have one), you can change if you wanna see smileys (Such as this -> :D) or not. But those are only two of the things you can do. The UCP is pretty much the hub of the forum. You can see announcements and change your board preferences (settings) you can also change your profile picture which displays in almost every of your posts. You can change your profile info and your signature in there too. It's located at the top right of the forum.
-
1.1 - Profile basics.
-
So, your profile is how people see you. You can add a description of yourself, your favorite staff group, your email addresses and much more! Let's go over some of these features!
-
1.2 - The avatar & signature.
-
The profile picture (or as all forum users call it, the avatar) is your own little icon. You can change it in the User Control Panel. Click Profile -> Edit Avatar, then you'll see a good set of options. You can upload an image from your own computer, from a url that ends in .jpg, .gif, etc. You can also choose from a gallery of pre-set avatars, which is unfortunately unavailable.
-
1.3 - Your account settings & profile info.
-
You can change how your e-mail address and password through the account settings! You can do this by going to Profile -> edit account settings. It's self-explanatory when you get there! To change your profile info, go to Profile -> Edit profile and there you can change your description (of yourself) the levels you have posted, your interests and more! It's really self-explanatory!
-
1.4 - Private Messages (PM)
-
You can send Private Messages to other users. It won't be seen by anyone else and is useful when you wanna share a secret or two. You can do this by going to Profile -> Private messages -> Compose message. On the top-left you'll see a box saying "Send to", add the users you wanna send it to and then click [Add To]. Then just write the title of your private message, write the message and send it!

That's pretty much all the basics! Let's move onto the next chapter!
2. Comparing Great Users to registered users!
-
Some of you may be confused on how some users can change how there user-name looks. Or how some topics are colored. Well here's an easy-to-understand chart that shows the differences!
Great UsersRegistered Users
Can change username look
Can change username look
X
Can view the staff section
X
Can change a topic's color
X
Can change username color
Can change username color

That's pretty much all of the differences! Onto the next chapter!
3. Q/A - Questions you might ask.

Why are some topics divided with other topics?
These topics are known as announcements! They are always on the top of the forum section and should be read!

What are "staff groups"?
These are special groups that are important to running the forum. Mods can lock and delete posts/topics. Admins run the forum. Level movers move the levels that have enough rates. Level raters rate levels and have their rate counted as two and Great users are nice to users.

How do I become a Great User?! It seems impossible!
Easy, do something that will help the forum in a big way or be nice to lots of users. Post. be active. All that stuff!

How do I apply for a staff group?
Go to the forum section: Staff Applications and Updates

Next chapter please!
4. Rules that might confuse you.

The advertising rule is the only rule that might confuse you! You may link to your forum/site/blog. You may NOT do it in your signature/topic nor profile! Only on the shoutbox (located on the bottom of the forum!). When you first post your shoutbox advertisement, you can post up to 3 links to your site in 30 minutes! If you post 3 links to your site within the 30 minutes, you cannot post anymore links. Done & Done!
Conclusion

Thanks for reading this F.A.Q., I hope this helped you better understand the forum and I hope you have a lot of fun visiting! Remember to become and active and helpful member and I hope to see these tips to good use :D! Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:41 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Invitations sent: 2
Successful invitations: 1
Highscores: 10
Medals: 5
Why the heck did you put this FAQ in Forum Updates?

Split and moved to Questions and Answers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 pm 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp
Progress to next rank:
84%

Coins:

Highscores: 1
Medals: 6
Baby Mario164 wrote:
Great UsersRegistered Users
Can change username color/look
Can change username color/look
X
X
X

Umm, Registered users can go into Bonus Color. Please edit.

Last edited by Star Mario164 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fail.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:54 pm 
Blooper
Blooper
Progress to next rank:
35%

Coins:

Medals: 1

Last edited by Sir Oxorsid on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 pm 
Not IN-sane, but quite out.
Dry Bones
Dry Bones
Progress to next rank:
91%

Coins:

Medals: 2
No facepalm or fail. Look:

I believe that "Can change color/look" should each have its own box. Kirb's comment was rendered invalid because the color and look were both categorized as the same thing, even though Kirby is right: RU's CAN change their color (even if it's only 1 color). So why the X there? That's a half false statement ;)

This is PieHunter, former Level Mover, Moderator, Level Rater Admin, Great User, and Co-Admin signing off for the last time.

Haha, yeah right! P.s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jUj_XJ9 ... re=related <-I. CAN. NOT. STOP. LAUGHING.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:55 pm 
Not IN-sane, but quite out.
Dry Bones
Dry Bones
Progress to next rank:
91%

Coins:

Medals: 2
Excuse me for the double post:

I like this guide, but I think this is rather short when it comes to explaining how to fully use the forum and navigating it. I think this needs a link to the sethforum rules like you did with the staff updates and applications, as well as explaining the following:

• What BBCodes are and how to use them
  • How to post a topic/reply
  • What the level portal is

Other than that, I guess the only thing else is going into more depth of what the staff jobs are. A mod doesn't only lock/delete topics, you know ;). These are just coming from the top of my head and there might be more, so let's hope someone will point it out.

This is PieHunter, former Level Mover, Moderator, Level Rater Admin, Great User, and Co-Admin signing off for the last time.

Haha, yeah right! P.s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jUj_XJ9 ... re=related <-I. CAN. NOT. STOP. LAUGHING.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:24 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Invitations sent: 2
Successful invitations: 1
Highscores: 10
Medals: 5
Stickied.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]